Read this informative article and become educated about the safety tips in which you can follow to keep your children and other fellow loved ones safe during the swimming season?
Swimming pool safety,chemicals,accessories,spa,hottub,jucuzzi,water,swim,
* A person must learn to swim and always swim with a buddy, never swim alone.
* Swim in areas accompanied my a lifeguard.
* Be observant and read and obey all pool rules and posted signs.
* Children or beginner swimmers should wear a floatation device in and around the water.
* Set water safety rules for the entire family based on their swimming abilities.
* Become informed of the water environment you are in and its potential hazards. This may include it?s deep and shallow areas, it?s currents, etc..
* Check out the local weather conditions and forecasts prior to swimming.
* When entering the water, use a feet-first method.
* Dive only when the area is clearly marked for diving.
* Do not consume alcohol while swimming, diving or boating.
* Know how to prevent, recognize, and respond to all emergencies.
* Never, never, leave children alone next to a pool. Children are very curious individuals and may fall within a fraction of a second.
* Install a phone next the your pool area and post a 9-1-1 sign in clear view.
* Learn how to perform CPR on all individuals and post the instructions in clear view for others to refer see and learn as well.
* Wear sunscreen. Protecting your skin from UV Rays in very important.
* Drink a lot of water even if you don?t feel thirsty. This can prevent heat stroke.
* Always keep basic life saving devices near the pool, such as a rope, a pole, or a personal flotation device.
* Completely remove your pool cover before allowing anybody to enter the pool.
* Don?t leave pool furniture close to your fence, this would enable a child to climb.
* Don?t ever run near a pool, the wet ground can cause an individual to slip and fall.